Teens can earn community service hours by reading books and writing reviews! Reviews will be published on the blog with the author’s first name, as well as promoted on our social media platforms.
In order to earn five hours of community service, teens must read books that meet the following criteria:
- Must be available through the Fort Erie Public Library;
- Must be published in 2020;
- Must not have been previously reviewed on the blog; and
- Must be an appropriate reading level.
Additionally, reviews must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 250 words in length (or longer);
- Must contain an introduction to the book, a brief summary (without spoilers), a thoughtful review, as well as whether or not you would recommend the book;
- Be an original review. Plagiarism will not be accepted;
- A photograph; and
- Contains no graphic or explicit language.
Click on the link below to see an example of a book review. Feel free to follow a similar format when writing your own!
Having a hard time finding teen fiction books published in 2020? Follow the link below to see our newer titles.
Teen fiction not your taste? You can read adult titles, and non-fiction titles too!
Are you interested in submitting a review, or checking to see if a title is available for review? Send your drafts and questions to Ashley at email@example.com.
Please note, some minor edits or corrections may be suggested.